Education on Wheels
The need for digital literacy in a country as populous and diverse as India is critical. If it is used for education, healthcare, citizen services, financial services, or any other basic need, technology can make a huge difference to the socio-economic levels of a community, and ultimately to the country, since true progress comes from inclusive growth..
More than half of India’s population live in urban slums and rural areas. Most are remote and too isolated to benefit from the country’s impressive economic progress. Yet there’s a growing desire among people in urban slums and rural India to be part of modern digital India. The last-mile delivery has always been a challenge for India due to low technology literacy among the rural citizens.
NIIT Foundation in collaboration with corporate partners has been working on such initiatives which provide mobility solution to the digital divide by bringing the world of information and knowledge over wheels to isolated and disadvantaged groups in rural areas.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAM
- Invokes self-learning through a joyful playground learning platform.
- Caters to both in-school & out-of-school children.
- Requires minimal adult intervention in a self-organised group learning model
- Sustainable solution for varied geographical & remote areas.
- Provides equal opportunity for the girl child irrespective of any discrimination.
- Helps reduce drop-out & increases retention in school set-up.
- Motivates out-of-school children to join the main stream education